Me and the hubbs

Me and the hubbs
One of my fav pics of us

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

1st time Blogger!

Well, here it goes....first time blogging and I thought I would give it a go!! 

Just wanted to share that is it rather poopy outside with a whopping 51 degree temperature--blah! Bryce and I just returned from his first class of Tumble Bumble; it's a class of about 12 3 year old's who run around with balls and hoops and basically play. He was able to run around with a horse on a stick, hop in a Thomas the train"sac" (pillow case). They sang a few songs, ran around did some forward rolls, log rolls and a headstand. He loved it! He was so excited to go to his own class and play with the kids. He told me that we could come back tomorrow, and I had to correct him that we would for sure come back, but it wouldn't be until next week. Pics to follow...
Headstand

About to jump to go find the big-nosed gray animal in the closet

Getting ready to jump


You may not know, but I coach gymnastics in the evening and often cook dinner for my family during the day. Monday I made crock pot white chicken chili, while Tuesday I made crock pot chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes and green beans. Both were super yummy, but made rather large portions...good news is that today is a leftover day and I won't be cooking this afternoon! :) I can post recipes if anyone is interested??

Gymnastics is going well, although it has been tedious trying to listen to different floor music selections for 5 of my girls. The key is to pick music that will "fit" each girls' style. Some girls may be more powerful and quick, while others are slower and more graceful. They have all given me a list of suggested songs that they like and I will make the final decision since it is I who will be choreographing them all. I'm trying to think of a creative way to let them know which selection I picked. I thought it would be fun to make a big deal out of it and surprise them.  I guess the really tricky part will be when I actually have to choreograph them...and hopefully their poses won't all start to look like each others. I'm pretty nervous to choreograph because I haven't ever done it before. I can dance if someone show's me, but I don't consider myself to be very creative in making dances up. We will see how it goes...

Well, that's enough for now...we will see if I can get a handle on all this blogging stuff...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray someone new to follow in Blogland :)

    Sounds like Bryce had fun at his class :) that will be great for him and good for you as well

    the coaching sounds like something right up your alley ;) enjoy it and know you are making a difference in the lives of those young women.

    looking forward to your next installments :)

    ReplyDelete