Me and the hubbs

Me and the hubbs
One of my fav pics of us

Thursday, September 15, 2011

TGI Thursday!

Recipes from previous post: 
Crock pot chicken and dumplings (from crock pot ladies discussion board on facebook):
4-5 chicken breasts
2 tbs. butter
3 cans crm chicken soup
1 onion-diced
1 package of refrigerated biscuits
Put all except biscuits into crock pot and fill with enough chicken broth to cover it (i did 5 cups) 5-6 hours on High
30 min. before servicing, place biscuits carefully into crock and keep dunking until heated through)...I also added some celery and carrots into mine and served it with mashed potatoes and green beans


White Chicken Chili:
2 cans great northern beans
6 cups chicken broth
1 c salsa
1 large onion-diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper (i omitted)
1/8 tsp. ground cloves (i omitted)
2+ cans of chicken/turkey (i used 4-5 chicken breasts)
2 small cans green chilies
Cook on high in crock for 3-4 hours or low for 8 
(This recipe was large!! I would 1/2 it for smaller families)


Today was a good day! For the first time ever Bryce woke up and went potty all by himself. He's had underwear on ALL day and only had 1 accident. This is a huge step in the potty training thing we got going on. Typically he doesn't want anything to do with it, but today it clicked. I've been really trying to push the training bc for one, he's 3 and for two, he can't move up into the next class at church until he's potty trained. He's got some other friends who also have not moved up, I just don't want him to be the only "big" kid left in the nursery. 
We currently use a sticker chart for potty training and once he gets all of his stickers we go out for ice cream; this only seems to help when he really wants ice cream or when he's almost completed his sticker chart. 
My recent tactic was to start a "good boy jar". Every time he
s does something nice or good or goes to the bathroom he gets to put a marble into a jar. Every time he's naughty he gets a marble taken away. We decided that after he filled the jar we would take him to Chuck-E-Cheese or Monkey Joes. Man he HATES when we take those marbles away. My babysitter is also bribing him with quarters every time he goes at her house; he's already started quite a collection :) 


We started the day off VERY cold--I think it was a steady 62 degrees in my house today. We busted out the winter hats and started playing with all the gloves and hats in our hat bin. Then Bryce had the bright idea to throw "snow balls" (aka packing peanuts) We had a nice little indoor snow ball fight    :) 




I can't see mom..

Then we decided to warm up and break out the space heater...it is after all September and I wasn't about to turn the furnace on. I do think however, that it will be turned on sooner than later as I have an unusually cold house. (We even got more insulation put in our attic last winter) I suppose it would help if someone got around to refinishing the basement and put back all the insulation back that was ripped out :)  I can show pics of our basement later... We proceeded to play games and puzzles all after noon while watching Despicable Me (GREAT movie--we just LOVE it) 





Warming his hands and feet

Bryce wanted to take a pic of me doing the same thing

There's my cutsie poopsie with his new cyclone shirt






The day ended with me working, Tony practicing and parading, and Bryce went to the homecoming parade with the babysitters and got SO much candy. He had a great time watching all the floats and seeing all the kids. Daddy even went by and threw him a hot dog which was the highlight of the night. Apparently he threw all the candy down and said "I SEE MY DADDDY!!!" 


I am so blessed! Time for bedtime books, songs and prayer...Have a great night all!!

1 comment: